Choosing Promotional Products
When it comes to creating customised promotional products there is an endless array of possibilities. However, there are some things our print and promotional team will need to know in order to meet your goals how you envision them. This guide will help steer you in the right direction when choosing promotional products.
WHAT IS YOUR MERCHANDISE OBJECTIVE?
Every product has a purpose. Ask yourself what you would like to achieve through this merchandise.
WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?
Who do you envision using this product?
- Direct clients
- Staff members/Colleagues
- Executive members
- Campaign focus (e.g: youth, students, executives)
HOW MANY COLOURS WILL YOU NEED?
As a starting point, calculate how many colours you will need for the printing process. Keep in mind, the more colours you use, the most cost is involved.
- Logo colours?
- Would you consider a mono colour logo for cost effectiveness?
- Number of positions required (e.g: front only, front & back)
WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET?
Have an accurate idea of the overall budget.
- Per item or overall budget
- Request a price range per product
- Spend per person
WHEN DO YOU NEED THE MERCHANDISE?
It’s important to identify any time constraints and deadlines.
- When is delivery required?
- Enables the creative team to determine whether sourcing offshore is an option which would be more cost effective.
WHAT IS THE QUANTITY YOU REQUIRE?
How many units will you need?
- Usage per time period?
- Event or campaign
- How many people are expected to attend?
WHAT IS THE DELIVERY DESTINATION?
Where do you want this shipped to?
- Is it to one central location or split deliveries across branches/states etc.